Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Theme Day - "out of focus"


The first of every month is Theme day for the international bloggers of City Daily Photo, and today the theme is "out of focus".  What a dream for photographers everywhere to show a photo badly out of focus and have it be welcomed (or at least invited).  Click here to see how the other bloggers interpreted today's theme.

For ADP, I decided to go with this fuzzy shot from last November.  It's from the torch-lit parade through the streets of Amboise celebrating the arrival of the first batch of wine from last autumn's regional harvest (l'arrivée du Touraine Primeur).  Back then I didn't post any parade shots because they were all were out of focus!

15 comments:

  1. What a gift of a monthly theme! And actually this is a rather nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Now I'm looking forward to "badly framed" and "overexposed" theme days.

      Delete
  2. Very nice mood effect to capture the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got a nicely dream-like tone to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with William - it has a dreamy effect. I rather like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I love the feeling of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I letting my imagination run wild. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Imagination run wild" would be the perfect title for this.

      Delete
  7. The blurriness gives a good sense of movement. What luck you could find them again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like this one and it is perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing you kept this one. It's wonderful! And you're right: this theme is a great gift for pulling out different sorts of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is how nearly all of my night shots with moving subjects come out. I really must study up on how to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, i guess you are glad today that you didn't delete them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How good is this theme hey Stuart, we all get to use those photos we never thought we could ☺ I think this shot here is fabulous exactly how it is!

    ReplyDelete