Friday, June 3, 2016

hunkering down


You may have seen on the news that France is undergoing some significant flooding.  So far, Amboise has mostly avoided any serious problems.  Some nearby roads are closed due to local flooding and the Loire itself is as high as I have seen it (of course that's only since 2011).  Today, I was walking around the river banks capturing it from many angles when I discovered my beloved flat bottom boats hunkering down in a relatively protected spot behind some large trees. I think they will be safe and will return soon to one of my sunset shots.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the news has been extensively covered here about the high waters in France. Pretty shot, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following the drama on TV. We have had 26C all week, but it will be colder from tomorrow, not much rain at all here.

    ReplyDelete