Tuesday, January 5, 2016

under wraps


Like presents under the Christmas tree, these "bumper cars" are peacefully awaiting the mad house that is shortly to ensue when the kids arrive.

Several amusements for the kids were temporarily installed just next to the levee during the year-end school vacations.  I haven't seen "bumper cars" in years and it was interesting to see the kids enjoying something so "low tech".  Do these even exist anymore in the States?

Si aucun de mes amis froncophones pourrait se traduire "bumper cars", je serais heureux de l'entendre!

9 comments:

  1. Dictionary says 'auto-tamponneuse nf (petite voiture de foire)'. I think I'll continue to use the English 'dodgem'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got the same translation from Google. There probably is no good translation. I had forgotten about "dodgem"! That's definitely not translatable.

      Delete
  2. yep, still have them here at the salem fair...my boys love to go on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. So they must be outside the jurisdiction of OSHA.

      Delete
  3. I guess they're still around at those touring midways, but that's all that comes to mind for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ken. Another addition to my vocabulary.

      Delete
  5. The bumper cars are so much fun! They look uncommonly tidy here Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bumper cars are so much fun! They look uncommonly tidy here Stuart!

    ReplyDelete