Thursday, December 17, 2015

sailors take warning


This sunrise view from our our home's top level reminds me of the old saying "Red sky at morning, sailors take warning...".  It's appropriate today because I want to issue a little warning to all my friends of a certain age.  Last week I had a routine stress test (running on a treadmill while connected to an EKG machine) in order to be certified for a foot race.  A "little anomaly" was detected and I went immediately to my cardiologist.  To make a very long story short, after a echo-cardiogram, a CT scan, two angioplasties, and two stents, I'm as good as new in just a week.  I was lucky that the two 50% blocked arteries were found so early before real damage was done.  So even if you have no symptoms, as I didn't, I say have a conversation with your doctor or cardiologist about any symptoms, your family's heart history, and your cholesterol.  Clear sailing everyone!

7 comments:

  1. All said, lucky timing for you.

    Beautiful colours in this sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that you're OK, Stuart! Gorgeous clouds...

    Penny and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I did a stress test a few years ago. It was on a stationary bike, and the doctor made it too difficult too fast. I felt like a weakling. But, apparently it was enough and I passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that came as a nasty surprise!
    Fair winds or foul, ADP's a peaceful anchor in our busy lives.
    Glad you're Captain of your ship again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that came as a nasty surprise!
    Fair winds or foul, ADP's a peaceful anchor in our busy lives.
    Glad you're Captain of your ship again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stuart - glad to hear you are on the mend. It's amazing what they can do these days to put us back together. Speaking for myself, I am going to have surgery to get a total hip replacement on March 9th.

    Old guys rule!

    Andy B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa. You win. As if this were a contest. Good luck, although I think they've got the procedure down to a science now, so to speak.

      Delete