Tuesday, October 22, 2013

the annual road race


Every October, there is a running event (les Foulées Amboisennes) with competitions for kids (1 KM and 2 KM in length) and adults (10 KM and 17 KM).  Each competition starts and finishes in the main town square (Place Debré) just below the château.  So I positioned myself just in advance of the finish line and here is my favorite snap.  I have to believe this couple did not hold hands throughout the entire race.  But I think this would make a good publicity ad; even their T-shirts match the Amboise town colors .  And to me, it looks like even the tower in the background seems pleased (or maybe shocked, you decide).

7 comments:

  1. Et tu n'as pas participé?...Je suis étonnée.
    Nous avons la même course à Cherbourg tous les ans. La première fois que notre fille ainée a participé, les suivants sont passés par-dessus elle, tellement il y avait de monde derrière. Le résultat a été deux dents de devant cassées!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'espère que ça ne la décourage pas de courir dans une autre course.

      Delete
  2. Very good! I thought you were going to tell us that you participated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out about this race too late to sign up because in France, unlike the US, one has to have certification from a physician. But next year, I hope to have a photo of me crossing the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. All right, so I can count on you to be here to cheer me on ?!

      Delete
  5. Might be worth it, been wanting to come back

    ReplyDelete